I’ve been playing with making some flower motifs from self-striping yarn. The idea is to make a bunch of these and then connect them in a free-form crochet style.
Here are the instructions in case you’d like to try it.
These instructions use U.S. terminology
1) make a magic ring, ch 3, 7 dc in ring, join with sl st to top of ch 3, (8 st).
2) ch 6, (dc in next stitch, ch 3) 7 times, join with sl st to 3rd ch (8 spokes made).
3) ch 1, 3 sc in ch 3 sp, (sc in dc, 3 sc in ch 3 sp) repeat 7 times, join with sl st in ch.
4) ch 1, dc, ch 3, skip st, dc, (sc, dc, ch 3, skip st, dc) repeat 7 times, sc in last st, join with sl st in ch
5) ch 1, sc between sc and dc, * (hdc, dc, tr, dc, hdc) in ch 3 sp, (sc between dc and sc, sc between sc and dc, repeat from * 6 times, then (hdc, dc, tr, dc, hdc) in ch 3 sp, sc between last dc and sc. Sl st to join in sc and fasten off.
Key: (U.S. Terminology)
dc – double crochet hdc – half double crochet sc – single crochet
sl st – slip stitch sp – space tr – treble crochet
© 2011 Kathy Kelly
all rights reserved
© Kathy Kelly 2011